Has your Facebook account been hacked? If yes, you need to act fast. Why? Because the longer the hacker has access to your account, the harder it will be to recover it. But don’t lose hope just yet. Here in this article, we tell you how to recover hacked Facebook account.
Not all hacking cases are the same, of course. So, we listed several potential solutions for different scenarios. Try and see if they can help you get your account back.
How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
How do I get hacked Facebook account back? You can recover hacked Facebook in different ways. As for the how, it depends on your situation.
Change your password
Still have access to your account? In that case, the first thing you want to do is to change your password. Changing your password will remove the hacker’s access to your account.
Here’s how to change your password.
- Log in to your account.
- Click the dropdown arrow (It’s at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Click “Settings & privacy” then “Settings”.
- Click “Security and login”.
- Under the Login heading, click “Edit” on the “Change password”.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password two times.
To add a layer of security, activate the two-factor authentication if you haven’t already.
2 How to recover my hacked Facebook account without email
How do you recover your account without email? You can take advantage of the Trusted Contacts feature for this.
Here’s how to recover my hacked Facebook account without email using Trusted Contacts.
- First, go to facebook.com on a computer.
- On the login page, click on “Forgotten account?”
- Enter an email address (or phone number, your choice) that is linked to your account.
- Since you don’t have access to your email address, click on “No longer have access to…”
- Enter a new email address. (Note: only enter one that you have access to)
- Click on “Continue”.
- Click on “Reveal my trusted contacts”.
- Enter the full name of one of your friends that you have chosen as your Trusted Contacts.
- You will see a set of instructions and a link. This link will have a code that you need to recover your account.
- Send your friends the link and ask them to open it. They will then receive a code from Facebook.
- Ask your friends to give you the codes.
- Use the codes to access your account.
3 How to recover my hacked Facebook account through friends
Can your family and friends help you recover your account if you haven’t activated the Trusted Contacts yet? Yes.
Here’s how to recover hacked Facebook account with the help of a family or friend.
- Have a family or friend log in to their account and go to your profile.
- Click the “…” below the profile name.
- Select “Find support or report profile”.
- A Report window will appear. Select “I can’t access my account.”
- Click “Recover this account.
- You will then be asked the method you want to receive the reset code. Click “No longer have access to these?”
- Enter an email address (or phone number, your choice) that you have access to.
- Click “Continue.”
That’s how to recover my hacked Facebook account through friends.
Someone from Facebook Support may contact you and you may be asked to prove that it is really you by asking for a valid ID or taking a photo with a webcam.
4 Report it to Facebook
How do I get hacked Facebook account back if the methods above didn’t work? If the previous methods didn’t work, you can report the situation to Facebook.
Here’s how to.
- On your web browser, go to https://web.facebook.com/hacked?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Enter the email address or phone number that is linked with your account.
- Click “Search”.
- Enter your most recent password then click “Continue”.
Wait for further instructions from Facebook to recover your account. That’s how to recover hacked Facebook account by reporting to Facebook.