WhatsApp is undoubtedly among the most frequently used apps today. The thing is, if you want to make an account to use WhatsApp you must register your number. Of course, not everyone is fond of using their personal numbers for that be it for privacy, security, business or any other reasons. Thankfully, we can use a virtual number for WhatsApp.
Here, we will share two apps and one website that offers virtual numbers that you can use for WhatsApp registration. They are the Wabi app, dmtf.io, and Numero eSIM app. Before we get to these virtual numbers providers, we will explain what is a virtual number for whatsapp and reasons why people use it for WhatsApp first.
Virtual Number for WhatsApp
What Is a Virtual Number?
To put it simply, virtual number is a phone number that is not attached physically to a phone. Although a virtual phone number doesn’t have a SIM card, it can function just like a regular phone number. Of course, that includes using it to register a WhatsApp account. You can use a virtual number for WhatsApp.
Why Use Virtual Numbers?
There are plenty of reasons why people use virtual phone number for their WA. First and foremost, virtual numbers are easy to setup. You can just get the number online through a website or an app (in some cases, even for free) and use it to register. There is no physical SIM card required.
Confidentiality is another reason why. Unlike personal phone numbers, virtual phone numbers don’t carry any personal information with it. As such, it is easy to separate your personal and professional life with it.
There is also the fact that virtual numbers are disposable. You can buy virtual number for WhatsApp, register your account and dispose of the number immediately. You can also keep them indefinitely if you think it still useful for you too.
Best Virtual Number for WhatsApp
1. Wabi App
The first virtual phone number provider in our list is the Wabi app. Yes, you can use Wabi virtual number for WhatsApp. Unlike many other providers, the Wabi app is designed with WhatsApp in mind. As such, the virtual number from the Wabi app is fully compatible with WhatsApp.
If you are a new user, you can try a free trial that Wabi offers. Later on, the virtual number for WA will cost USD 4 per month. To create WhatsApp with virtual phone number from Wabi, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Wabi app
- Open the app and choose a country that you want to get a local number from
- You should see a list of phone numbers. Choose one and use it to register your WhatsApp account
Just like the Wabi App and Numero eSIM App, dtmf.io is also one of the virtual number providers. Unlike the other two providers, however, dtmf.io doesn’t provide a free virtual number for WhatsApp verification. Yes, you have to buy a number before you can use it to register for WhatsApp.
Dtmf.io offers 4 types of numbers: virtual mobile number, SIM mobile number, landline number, and toll-free number. Only SIM mobile number can be used as a virtual number for WA. Here’s how you can get a virtual number from dtmf.io.
- Open your browser and go to https://dtmf.io
- Click the ‘Buy a SIM mobile number now’ on the right
- You might be asked to create an account to proceed, so just sign up and make one
- After you make an account you should arrive at the website’s console
- Click the ‘Buy phone numbers’ on the left side of the page
- The pricing for the SIM mobile number should appear and click ‘Buy Now’ to buy virtual number for WhatsApp
- Select the number you like and fill all the necessary details
- After you are finished, open WhatsApp and use your number for verification
- Check your dtmf.io account for the validation code then enter it on your WhatsApp
Note: You will need to top up your deposit fund to your account to buy virtual number for WhatsApp on dmtf.io. To do so, just click underlined ‘deposit funds…account’ text on the console and follow the instructions
3. Numero eSIM App
If a free virtual phone number for WA is what you are looking for, then you might want to try Numero eSIM app. This app allows you to get a virtual number with which you can receive an SMS from WhatsApp for verification for free.
Note: Currently, the virtual numbers that can be used for WhatsApp for free are America-based ones. You cannot use your free virtual number for WA. If you don’t have an America-based number, you have to buy a virtual number.
- Here’s how to use Numero eSIM app number for WhatsApp account registration:
- Open WhatsApp
- Enter your number and verify it
- Wait for the validation code to arrive
- Open Numero eSIM app to check for the code
- Enter the code on WhatsApp
- Enter your name
- Your virtual number for WhatsApp is ready to use